Friday, May 31, 2013

TEDx rehearsals

Well, for those of you who yearn to do a TED talk sometime, go read Chris Anderson's provocative and insightful piece in the Harvard Biz Review: 

For those of you interested in "HELP" on doing all of this, I heartily recommend a "Coach".  My coach for this process is Kathleen Ohm     Find her at www.linkedin.com/in/kathyohm     

Kathy is TERRIFIC, in a word.  She is zealous about "your opening" which has to GRAB people; and "the close" which has to be actionable.  And you need to be succinct, engaging, etc.  But what works with Kathy for me is that she is thoughtful and pertinent on the specifics of "my talk"

By the way, rehearsal, Rehearsal, REHEARSAL seems to be a huge part of all of this.  Whew!

But then, why give a poor talk.  One answer I've heard from folk over the years is: "so I don't have to do this again".  Now there's someone seeking to avoid opportunity!

So, over to you.  Who is your preferred speech coach?

OH, AND FOR CONTENT ADVICE AND PERSPECTIVE, I HAVE TO MENTION KENNAN, WHO HAS LABORED TO KEEP ME SANE THROUGH ALL OF THIS.  She has a tough task in that regard

Kennan Kellaris Salinero, 
Director,
Yámana Science and Technology
www.yamanascience.org

No comments:

Post a Comment