Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A reader responds

 Dan Thomas has long been one of the nation's top business strategists.   I have referenced him in earlier blog-posts, notably "Yes, Matilda, the ship has sailed" on August 19.   He was the leader for the Aug 4 post about "Some say the ship has sailed" as well.   And we all know too well that the bulk of colleges that have tried to open in recent weeks have experienced nearly all of the ills that his team described.

Unsolicited, I got this message from Dan this morning.   Blew me away . . . and I thought it is worth sharing with more folk.

Hi Chuck-

 

I have been remiss in not sharing my thoughts with you about the Covid-19 work you have done. It is, in short, stunning.

 

In many ways it is the highest and best use of the visual presentation of data. It shows us things we cannot see by looking at the numbers. It unlocks insights that are profound.

 

I know that you, Scott and Art did a lot of work to get the visuals to where they are today. That was a great public service by all of you.

 

I only wish more people, especially those in leadership positions would look at it and USE it.

 

Best regards,

 

Dan

 

Dan Thomas

Focus, Inc.

Palo Alto, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment