Aidan McCullen, based in Ireland, has a long-running show called "the Global Innovation Show"
Here's a quick synopsis:
About The Show
The Why or “The North Star” for this show is to share fresh information to empower new thinking.
We welcome guests to the show to share their wisdom and inform the community to lead more fulfilled lives.
About The Host
Aidan McCullen is a change consultant and works with organisations to improve how they collaborate and create the environment for change.
Aidan is the host and founder of the Global Innovation Show, which boasts Bill Gates as a listener and advocate and features on Irelands national broadcaster RTÉ and the only English-speaking show on Finland’s Business FM.
He developed and delivers a module on Emerging Technology Trends in Trinity College Business School, ranked as one of the top Business Schools in the world.
Aidan speaks and runs workshops globally on disruption and change for organisations such as Mastercard, Epic Games, Endemol Shine Group, Agilent Technologies, CBC Canada and Toyota and in industries from Pharma to Fintech.
Aidan is a board advisor and Non-Executive board member for National Broadband Ireland.
He reinvented himself after a 10-year career after rugby with over 100 caps for Leinster, Toulouse and London Irish and is a full Ireland Rugby International.
He worked in digital transformation, innovation delivery and now culture and leadership. This journey has led him to believe that you cannot change business models until you first change mental models.
Aidan is the author of the book, “Undisruptable: A Mindset of Permanent Reinvention for Individuals, Organisations and Life” which features a Foreword by Visa founder and CEO Emeritus, Dee Hock.
********************
Someone, I believe it was Dr. Martin Curley of Maynooth University in Leixlip, Ireland, gave a copy of Permission Denied to McCullen in spring 2024. I had worked with Martin at Intel Corporation from 2000 to 2006, and again with his program at the annual United Nations Digital Medical workshops in 2023 and 2024 via our multi-display AstroVirtual capability. Martin asked me to give a commencement talk for graduates at Maynooth in 2023, for which Martin distributed perhaps a hundred copies of the Permission Denied book.
Net net was that McCullen was intrigued, and asked for an interview for his program, way back in March 2024. He said "lead time is way out" but proffered late in 2025. Well, no further notice until a week ago, when he sent a note, "How about Friday November 7th?"
"Sure," I said, noting that a lot of water has gone over the dam in the meantime, and a story about the Moon Monitor from 1969 or the Logic State Analyzer program from 1970-1982 is not exactly today's news. So I compiled a few notes about things that have happened since, and sent them his way.
He replied promptly, saying he fully knew that, but there's lots of material in the book that he'd like to cover. So, somewhat in self-defense, I re-read the book, which was published in 2013. And a strange thing happened--one that I've experienced before, but not quite so dramatically.
I read what I had written, with fresh eyes. Meaning that I didn't recall writing this, so it was like reading new material. Granted, while reading it, the visceral feelings came back, but it is an unusual experience to read your own work as if it was written by someone else sometime back. And, I know this might sound egotistical, but I liked what I read. In fact, I marveled to some degree at what I'd written, sort of in the mood of "Boy, I couldn't write that today so well."
Maybe more importantly, I found myself testing the hypothesis set forth in the book about how to empower intrapreneurs, and even more, how to empower their managers to empower them, against the work we've been doing in our current start-up, AstroVirtual. And WOW, I felt, this is pretty ON-TARGET, maybe I should be pushing this book and the thesis more.
I sent that to Aidan, and got this reply:
No comments:
Post a Comment