The ACM HC workshop wound up featuring my work on video interviews, but I did include one slide from the possible Award prototype as a discussion primer. Several attendees at the workshop offered names of historic Computer Graphics folk who might be able to offer suggestions.
Spent most of the rest of October trying to put together the "Chuck House 3D Virtual Exposition Center.
By October 23, we felt we had enough storyboards put together to make a YouTube film version, and I taped the first Voice-Over via a Zoom session, that Scott merged into the video. after several tries, we had a version that we kinda liked, on October 27. Lengthy, 17:43 minutes.
By November 5, we had a 'finished' version, 21:49 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkarQkMpmiE
I put together a note something like this:
Here’s some ideas along the lines we talked in the late spring
The metaphor is.’walking through a museum’ and viewing various exhibits, screen by screen
Each screen can be “live” with a deep PowerPoint deck, a YouTube video, any web call, etc.
The whole thing is dynamically compiled,.
What I am showing you here is “a film” rather than actively dynamic, but we can do the latter at your discretion.
The video is a tour of InnovaScapes Institute and Chuck House projects over the years
I’d be interested in your thoughts
I am including Scott Futryk on this email. He actually is the ‘developer’ of all of this.
Best,
Chuck
Who got this missive, and how did we 'cast it'?
Sent to carefully selected friends, family, and colleagues who 'might know the field'. Those gave us some very nice comments.
Within five days, we had received phrases like:
1. Format lends itself nicely to “moments in history.”
2. WOW! those are great videos. I like the idea of a virtual museum
3. "I think the tool is phenomenal"
4. This clearly is a great and very flexible platform
5. it is very cool! this gives a far more pleasing viewer experience.
6.wow, what a fun and interesting way to look at data; it’s captivating, with drill downs, etc.
Meanwhile, we have been considering patent coverage or trademarks?
Which will have to wait for the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment